Friday 13 April 2012

Lunch in Paris

Thursday, 21st July 2011

Lunch in Paris, one of My favourite romantic cities in the world!
Paris and it's many wonderful landmarks could never exhaust the many superlatives I could
use to describe the sheer beauty of this City. From it's architectural styles to the ancient cobbled
streets, from the fashionable boutiques to it's grandiose hotels. Paris is quite simply a treasure trove.
I had the pleasure of visiting the Eiffel Tower, although I did not
experience it's glorious dizzy heights, and the sensational views as I might have liked!
I thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent Palais Garnier, with it's opulent Opera House, famous for it's theatrical ballet
and dance performances. I spent the day in fantastic exploration, enjoying the sheer splendour of it's stunning architecture!
I lunched at a superb restaurant on the 5th Floor at the Les Ombres, with it's glass walls and roof top,
named the "Shadows" for the patterns cast by the Eiffel Tower's webbed ironwork.
Naturally, I would have stayed longer to re-visit the Champs-Elysees and the Grands Boulevards, or climb
to the top of Arc de Triomphe, or visit the most beautiful gothic sight in Paris, Notre Dame.
But alas, My time here was all too short and My return to England was imminent!
As Paris sleeps at night, and bustles during the day, I will always remember this wonderful day!
Thank you peter for a most enjoyable lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment